Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Dependable: Dependable 223 cc single-cylinder air-cooled 4-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and torque, spread over a wide rpm range.
- Crisp throttle response: 26 mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
- Easy starting: Electric starter for ease of starting.
- Maintenance-free ignition: Maintenance-free type CD ignition.
- Heavy-duty: Heavy-duty clutch with smooth, progressive engagement.
- Versatile: Smooth-shifting and versatile six-speed transmission.
- Increased durability: Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability and reduced maintenance.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Lightweight strength: Box-section aluminum swingarm is strong and lightweight.
- Light but strong: Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
- Performance & appearance in suspension: 37 mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 241 mm (9.5 inches) of suspension travel.
- Protection from the elements: Fork boots help keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
- Excellent rear shocks: Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 230 mm (9.1 inches) of travel.
- Increased durability: Pro-Link rear suspension rides on needle bearings for smooth action and increased durability.
- Easy maintenance: Snail-type chain adjusters for easier maintenance.
- Powerful front brake: Powerful 240 mm front disc brake.
- Lightweight rear brake: Lightweight reardrum brake.
- Full rider movement: Motocross-style seat is low, comfortable, and allows full rider movement.
- Long-range travel: Large 7-litre plastic fuel tank and thrifty 4-stroke engine for extended range.
- Protected from tip-over: Folding shift lever reduces damage in a tip-over.
- Reduced maintenance cost: Reusable foam air filter helps reduce maintenance costs.
- Durability: Front and rear steel sprockets for durability. High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
- Grip comfort: Extra-wide cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs and brake pedal for more secure footing.
- Maintenance-free battery: Maintenance-free type sealed battery.
- Security: Keyed ignition switch.
- Sleek style: CRF-R-inspired bodywork.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 223 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 65.5 mm x 66.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: Single 26 mm piston-valve carb
- Transmission: Six-speed with manual clutch
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 37 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 241 mm (9.5 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustment; 230 mm (9.1 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: 80/100 - 21 front; 100/100 - 18 rear
- Brakes: Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
- Ground Clearance: 305 mm (12 in.)
- Seat Height: 878 mm (34.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,372 mm (54 in.)
- Curb Weight: 113 kg (249 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 7 litres, including 1.3-litre reserve
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: 6 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus