Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Effortless directional changes on the fly: Unique 4-valve Unicam cylinder head has very compact dimensions, allowing it to be ideally placed for excellent mass centralization. This helps make it even easier for a rider to change direction, on the ground or in the air.
- Awesome power & throttle response: By locating the cylinder head's exhaust outlet on the right side of the engine, the length of the exhaust header pipe could be configured for optimum power and throttle response across the entire rev range.
- Twin to win: The CRF450R’s twin-muffler exhaust system not only contributes to the engine’s exceptional power characteristics, it’s also positioned tightly to the frame’s centre to take weight off the rear end and optimize mass centralization for improved handling.
- Programmed for power: The CRF450R’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) settings contribute to the engine’s strong low-end torque, remarkable top-end power and generous over-rev capability.
- Engine Mode Select button: The CRF450R’s Engine Mode Select (EMS) system lets you modify fuel-injection and ignition mapping with the simple push of a handlebar-mounted button – perfect for dialing in the best power curve for better starts, better drive out of corners, better traction, or simply to better suit your riding style. Modes two and three can even be fine tuned using the optional HRC setting tool. Mode selection is easily accomplished without changing the rider's hand position or shutting down the engine (as long as the engine is idling).
- Enhanced durability: A special heat-treatment process improves the durability of the piston, adding to the CRF450R’s reputation for rock-solid reliability.
- Extra durability: Extra-strong transmission gears enhance durability while delivering smooth, sure shifts.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Excellent feel & feedback: Twin-spar aluminum chassis offers the benefit of a low centre of gravity with excellent feel and feedback. Designed to work in concert with the KYB Air-Fork and the Honda Progressive Steering Damper, the chassis combines excellent stability with right-now turning precision.
- Precise handling: The Honda Progressive Steering Damper allows more-aggressive chassis geometry for quicker steering, while also assisting straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
- Improved Air Fork: The cutting-edge 48 mm KYB Air Fork has grown 5 mm in length for improved stability. Low-speed and high-speed damping adjusters for both rebound and compression are all conveniently located on the fork cap and offer a wide range.
- Fast track-side tuning: Locating the KYB shock's rebound-damping adjustment screw on the top of the shock body makes it easy to access, saving you time and hassle.
- Improved handling: A new shock link and revised suspension settings work in conjunction with the longer fork to improve chassis stability a overall traction.
- Excellent traction: Dunlop MX52 tires offer excellent traction in a wide variety of conditions.
- Agility plus comfort: Optimized rider ergonomics with a very narrow midsection allow you to move freely on the bike and fully utilize the CRF’s incredible agility.
- Easy to adjust: Quick-adjust clutch perch simplifies cable adjustment.
- Reduced rider fatigue: Aluminum handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Comfort paired with control: Wide, long footpegs offer greater support for more comfort and control.
- Preventative indicator: The engine stop switch with integrated LED indicator lets you know if the PGM-FI system is working properly.
- Simplified maintenance: The design of the fuel hose connector simplifies maintenance.
- Connectivity simplifies setup: Optional HRC setting kit, includes an easy-to-use programming system with precise data for setting up the machine to meet all race situations. Ignition timing and fuel mapping settings can be uploaded by connecting the motorcycle to a computer and following simple step-by-step instructions. The system radically simplifies the setup process and makes tuning accessible to a wide spectrum of riders. Connection is simple with only one connector and no need to remove the fuel tank.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 449.7 cc
- Bore & stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Valve train: SOHC, 4 valves
- Fuel delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/48T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front suspension: 48 mm inverted KYB PSF® (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with air-adjustable spring rate, and rebound/compression-damping adjustability; 310 mm (12.2 in.) travel
- Rear suspension: Pro-Link® KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 315 mm (12.4 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: Front: 80/100 - 21; Rear: 120/80 - 19
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; Rear: 240 mm disc
- Ground clearance: 332 mm (13 in.)
- Seat height: 955 mm (37.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,494 mm (58.5 in.)
- Curb weight: 110.1 kg (242.7 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel capacity: 6.3 L
- Colour: Extreme Red